Position Summary: Adventist Information Ministry seeks motivated, dependable individuals to work in our Contact Center as a Social Work Intern Phone Chaplain. This is a customer care position that lays the groundwork for a deeper connection with God through the care of mind and spirit.
Position will provide the opportunity to fulfill requirements for the Generalist Social Work Internship
This position begins Fall Semester 2023
- Support 30+ Media Ministries via Inbound calls, sms chat, social media
- Process Ministry Offers
- Offer Prayer, Answer Biblical Questions, Provide Spiritual Care
- Seek to connect callers to local Seventh-day Adventist Churches
- Must be a fluent and effective communicator in the English language (verbally and written form: spelling, grammar, and punctuation). Ability to communicate in other languages a plus, especially Spanish.
- Project a Christian Spirit with a friendly, professional demeanor
- Exhibit Emotional Intelligence
- Must feel comfortable discussing and sharing knowledge on Biblical topics
- Working knowledge of the internet and Microsoft Teams
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Must work weekend shifts (Saturday & Sunday)
- Must pass skills assessment
- Must be enrolled as BSW or Dual Enrolled for Social Work & MDIV
An expressed and vibrant commitment to Jesus Christ and to the teachings and mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Ability to work with integrity, dependability, honesty, and maturity.
Student applicants must qualify for employment under the student labor policies of Andrews University.