Adventist Information Ministry seeks an individual with previous IT background or a current Computer Science major to work as a Junior System Admin in our IT department.
AIM works primarily in a Windows environment. On any given day the Junior System Admin can be involved in one or more of the following areas:
- Network design and maintenance
- Setting up or maintaining servers
- Maintaining offsite backup system
- Email management
- Maintaining our sophisticated software-driven phone system
- Maintaining workstation computers, monitors, phones, speakers, and peripherals
- Building and deploying workstations
- Management of inventory controls
- Router and switch configuration
- Setting up or maintaining databases
- Maintenance and development of our website(s)
- Documenting software, procedure or policy development
- Any other IT related issues that may arise
- On-call rotation for after-hours support
Our preference is a candidate willing to invest in this ministry for longer than a school year. This is a year-round position well adapted to student schedules.
The Junior System Admin position works under the supervision of the IT Director. They will need to be able to communicate and work closely with AIM Administration and Management.
Essential to the job is a self-starter—someone who can figure out what needs to be done and do it. We anticipate that the person we hire will work about 15 hours per week when school is in session with additional hours during most vacations and summer.
AIM is a ministry of the North American Division which answers the toll-free numbers for many of the church’s media ministries. We are looking for a person that has a strong dedication to the soul-winning mission of the Adventist church.