Adventist Information Ministry (AIM) is the epicenter of interest management for the North American Division of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, focusing on digital evangelism, interest tracking, and connecting media ministry interests to the local church. AIM facilitates, empowers, and supports digital small group bible studies, online communities, and digital evangelism. AIM supervises and supports a Customer Service Management system that links all institutions, department’s social media platforms, and digital ministries with the goal of tracking and ministering to people we encounter in the digital space.
- Provide an answering service, representative of Christ and the agencies we serve.
- Produce a professional phone answering and order-processing service.
- Process caller requests accurately and efficiently.
- Train students, workers, and volunteers in the principles of Christian witnessing and ministry with media evangelism.
- Provide student labor to help defray the costs of their Christian education.
- Form a bridge between the media outreach of the Seventh-day Adventist® church and the local field.
As a Seventh-day Adventist® institution, we subscribe to the 28 Fundamental Beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist® Church. These beliefs do not represent a “creed”; rather, they are the biblically-based set of Christian beliefs arrived at by our church after many years of prayer and Bible study.
Who We Serve
Digital Projects Supervisor
Business / HR Manager